Thursday, December 29, 2011

Car Quilts

I love going to car shows so what better way to enjoy them than to make car themed quilts and taking them to car shows to sell. So this summer I made quite a few quilts from car fabrics. My nephew Chase helped me set up my booth for the very first time. He's one great kid. This is a picture of the first quilt sold that day. Luckily I have fabrics to make another one just like it. All of the car quilts are quilted in a flame pattern that my Son-in-law drew for me. Totally original.
Here are a few of the quilts I still have for sale. The first one has a center of piece of fabric from Alexander Henry. It has an old fashion drive-in with girl car hops on roller skates. It is surrounded with hot rods flying the American flag. The outer fabric is red, white and blue flames. It measures about 72 inches square. A great gift for any patriotic car person.
This quilt is make with a collection of Hot Wheels fabrics. Didn't all car fans start out with Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. It is about 72 inches square. Great gift for the person who still plays with cars or a kid just beginning to fall in love with cars.


Love this fabric. Chevy El Caminos. Have two of these, one has the outer border of checks and the other is the same except the outer border is flames.



1 comment:

  1. I love your quilts! I don't suppose you have any of these car fabrics left over? I'd loove to buy them if you did......

    ReplyDelete