Friday, September 27, 2013

Reedly CA. Quilt show

Last Sunday one of my besties, Amanda, and I went to the Reedly Ca. quilt show.  Lots of beautiful quilts.  One of the things that I really like about going to smaller local quilt shows is there are quilts there that are made for beds.  Not just art quilts, which are beautiful, but quilts you actually sleep under.  Those are the kind I like to make.  A quilt that keeps you warm on cold nights or comforts you like a hug on a bad day.  I make them to be used.  

Here are some pictures of my favs. from the show.

This one is made from denim with patches sewn all over it. This must weight a ton!  I may do this with my collection of patches. I have been sewing them on a backpack for years and have run out of room on it.

Really like the colors in this one.  The picture does not do it justice.  And it was king sized.




It would be so fun to make a quilt with the US map on it for our travel trailer.  I could put a star or heart on each state that we have traveled to.

1 comment:

  1. First, I want to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It means so much to me and it is fun to make new friends.
    I know what you mean about making quilts to be used.
    There is a lot of love that goes in to making a quilt for someone and I want them to feel that love by snuggling under a quilt.
    We used to go through Reedly on our way to Pine Flat when our boys were younger.
    Thanks for sharing some quilts from your local quilt show. There is so much talent out there.
    We have a travel trailer too and I love making things for it.

    ReplyDelete