Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Time Sure Does Fly


I can't believe it is already February! Where did January go to? It's true, the older you get the faster time flies. I didn't get much sewing done last month. We did get to take care of our very cute grandson several times though. : )

My wonderful husband did build me a new ironing center in my sewing room. I was using a regular ironing board. It was a mess because you just can't store anything around it neatly. And trying to iron a large piece of fabric on a regular ironing board is so awkward with one end wide and the other narrow.
What a mess!



I have always wanted a rectangular ironing board with storage underneath. So after looking at every affordable organizing system I choose to purchase 5 Closet Maid shelf units.



Then my wonderful husband cut me a top from MDF, 22" by 60". We covered it in 4 layers of cotton quilt batting and heavy canvas.



It is great! I love it. And it looks sooooo much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment